About The Role
As a Trust & Safety team member, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety, security, and integrity of our platform and community. You will be responsible for monitoring user-generated content, enforcing community guidelines, investigating reports of abuse or violations, and implementing measures to maintain a safe and positive player experience. This position requires excellent judgment, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
• Regularly review and assess user-generated content to identify potential policy violations, harmful activities, or inappropriate behavior.
• Ensure compliance with community guidelines, terms of service, and other platform policies.
• Evaluate reported Penguin accounts, Penguin Names, posts, comments, and other forms of player activity for adherence to guidelines.
• Promptly respond to reports of abuse, harassment, fraud, or other violations from players, partners, or internal teams.
• Issue appropriate punishments to those found in violation of rules and policies.
• Collaborate with team members to address complex or sensitive cases.
What We're Looking For
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Fluent in the English language.
• Must have a Club Penguin Legacy Penguin account that is at least 90 days old.
• Must not have any serious infractions on your Penguin account(s) for at least the last 6 months.
• A deep understanding and knowledge of Club Penguin Legacy’s Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, and Penguin Name Guidelines.
• Must be able to handle explicit, vulgar, and inappropriate content.
• Knowledge in using software and external tools to elevate productivity.
• Strong work ethic and ability to thrive self-sufficiently in the role.
• Must be the primary owner of the computer used to share confidential releases.
Please copy and paste the questions below into a separate document. Then, answer each question underneath the corresponding question. Once you’ve answered all the questions, send the completed document as a link in the ''About You'' field below. Please make sure that we’ll have access to view the document. Otherwise, your application will be nullified.
• What are all the usernames of your Penguin accounts?
• Have you ever been banned or safe chatted on any of your Penguin accounts?
• Did you play the original Club Penguin? If so, during which years did you play?
• When did you start playing Club Penguin Legacy?
• How often do you play Club Penguin Legacy?
• How old are you?
• What timezone are you in?
• What language(s) do you speak fluently?
• Do you have a Discord account? If so, please provide us with your Discord username.
• Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
• Do you have any prior experience working in a team environment? If so, please provide us with details about your experience(s).
• Do you have any prior experience in Trust & Safety? If so, please provide us with details about your experience(s).
• Why do you want to be a Trust & Safety member for Club Penguin Legacy?
• Why do you believe you would make a great Trust & Safety member for Club Penguin Legacy?
• When are you most available during the day to work on Club Penguin Legacy in relation to your specific timezone?
• Approximately how many hours per week would you be able to dedicate as a Trust & Safety member for Club Penguin Legacy?
Before You Apply
Please note, Club Penguin Legacy is a volunteer effort. No income or salary is provided ascompensation for anyone’s involvement.
Individuals seeking opportunities at Club Penguin Legacy are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Club Penguin Legacy is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company and/or the Disney Interactive Experience ("Disney"). The act of applying for a position within Club Penguin Legacy does not constitute an affiliation with Disney, nor does it establish any association or connection between the applicant and the aforementioned company.
Club Penguin Legacy is an independent entity, operating within its own legal framework and subject to its own set of policies, procedures and regulations. The company is not under the control, ownership, or management of The Walt Disney Company or the Disney Interactive Experience. As such, Club Penguin Legacy is solely responsible for its own activities, business practices, and operations.
All applicants are expected to adhere to the policies, procedures, and regulations set forth by Club Penguin Legacy, and any violation of these guidelines may result in disqualification from consideration for any position.