About The Role
As a Quality Assurance Tester you will help our Game Engineering team test current and upcoming features for the game to ensure that the game is functioning properly and meeting our high standards for quality. You will also be reporting to and working closely with our Quality Assurance Manager. Your responsibilities will include testing current and upcoming features for the game, identifying issues, and working with the engineering team to resolve them. You will be responsible for ensuring that the game meets our high standards for quality, and that our players have the best possible experience.
What You'll Do
• Work closely with the Game Engineering team to test and ensure the quality of game features.
• Identify and document issues and work with the Game Engineering team to resolve them in a timely manner.
• Help organize, manage, and update running list of bugs/issues.
• Test new releases prior to them being announced and released publicly.
• Follow testing protocols and ensure that the game meets high standards for quality.
• Communicate effectively with the Game Engineers to provide clear feedback on issues.
• Adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
What We're Looking For
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Fluent in the English language.
• Must have a Club Penguin Legacy Penguin account that is at least 90 days old.
• Must not have any serious infractions on your Penguin account(s) for at least the last 6 months.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Relevant understanding and knowledge of Club Penguin Legacy and the original Club Penguin.
• Ability to work collaboratively with the Game Engineering team.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Passion for ensuring the quality of video games.
• Strong work ethic and ability to thrive self-sufficiently in the role.
• Must be the primary owner of the computer used to share confidential releases.
Please copy and paste the questions below into a separate document. Then, answer each question underneath the corresponding question. Once you’ve answered all the questions, send the completed document as a link in the ''About You'' field below. Please make sure that we’ll have access to view the document. Otherwise, your application will be nullified.
• What are all the usernames of your Penguin accounts?
• Have you ever been banned or safe chatted on any of your Penguin accounts?
• Did you play the original Club Penguin? If so, during which years did you play?
• When did you start playing Club Penguin Legacy?
• How often do you play Club Penguin Legacy?
• How old are you?
• What timezone are you in?
• What language(s) do you speak fluently?
• Do you have a Discord account? If so, please provide us with your Discord username.
• Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
• Do you have any prior experience working in a team environment? If so, please provide us with details about your experience(s).
• Do you have any prior experience in Quality Assurance? If so, please provide us with details about your experience(s).
• Why do you want to be a Quality Assurance Tester for Club Penguin Legacy? • Why do you believe you would make a great Quality Assurance Tester for Club PenguinLegacy?
• When are you most available during the day to work on Club Penguin Legacy in relation toyour specific timezone?
• Approximately how many hours per week would you be able to dedicate to actively testing releases and reproducing bug reports as a Quality Assurance Tester for Club Penguin Legacy?
Before You Apply
Please note, Club Penguin Legacy is a volunteer effort. No income or salary is provided ascompensation for anyone’s involvement.
Individuals seeking opportunities at Club Penguin Legacy are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Club Penguin Legacy is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company and/or the Disney Interactive Experience ("Disney"). The act of applying for a position within Club Penguin Legacy does not constitute an affiliation with Disney, nor does it establish any association or connection between the applicant and the aforementioned company.
Club Penguin Legacy is an independent entity, operating within its own legal framework and subject to its own set of policies, procedures and regulations. The company is not under the control, ownership, or management of The Walt Disney Company or the Disney Interactive Experience. As such, Club Penguin Legacy is solely responsible for its own activities, business practices, and operations.
All applicants are expected to adhere to the policies, procedures, and regulations set forth by Club Penguin Legacy, and any violation of these guidelines may result in disqualification from consideration for any position.