Department | Game Design
Application Code | CPL-604
Club Penguin Legacy is seeking a Game Designer to collaborate and work with our Game Engineering and Art team. You will play a crucial role in the development of concept to fully-realized, immersive stories that will engage and captivate the current and next generation of players. Working closely with the Game Engineering and Art teams, you will help design, implement, and refine game mechanics, systems, and features that align with the overall vision and goals of the game. You will also support us in playtesting and balancing the game, ensuring that it is both challenging and fun for players of all skill levels.
Club Penguin Legacy is a space for anyone with ambition and innovative ideas, we are a creative, diverse, and inclusive community that offers valuable learning experience to help you grow and flourish in your field. We pave way to a unified environment that brings people together to create movement and change the world. Bring your vibe and help make your mark in today's world and generation of technological communities.
• Collaborate with the Game Engineering and Art teams to create immersive stories for players
• Design and implement game mechanics, systems, and features
• Create game design documents and prototype game mechanics
• Playtest and balance the game to ensure a challenging and fun experience for players
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and contribute creative ideas to the development process
• Communicate effectively with team members and be willing to iterate on designs based on feedback
• Outline and write spec-scripts and treatments of current and upcoming projects
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• English fluency and proficiency
• A minimum of 1 year in game design
• Excellent creative and analytical skills, with the ability to come up with original game mechanics and systems
• A deep understanding and knowledge of Club Penguin Legacy and the original Club Penguin™
• A highly proficient knowledge in the original Club Penguin™ lore, game world, and stories
• Some experience with playtesting and balancing games
• Passion for creating immersive and engaging player experiences
• Knowledge in using software and external tools to elevate productivity
• Strong work ethic and ability to thrive self-sufficiently in the role
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Owner of share recipient of confidential documentation and files.
Individuals seeking opportunities at Club Penguin Legacy are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Before you start your application, please note that all applicants must be above the age of 18, and are able to, at a sole-individual level, sign all legal agreements while clearing all security and background checks, including and not limited to criminal background checks from local and federal police accordance to your state or province.
Club Penguin Legacy is not affiliated with The Walt Disney Company and/or the Disney Interactive Experience ("Disney"). The act of applying for a position within Club Penguin Legacy does not constitute an affiliation with Disney, nor does it establish any association or connection between the applicant and the aforementioned company.
Club Penguin Legacy is an independent entity, operating within its own legal framework and subject to its own set of policies, procedures and regulations. The company is not under the control, ownership, or management of The Walt Disney Company or the Disney Interactive Experience. As such, Club Penguin Legacy is solely responsible for its own activities, business practices, and operations.
All applicants are expected to adhere to the policies, procedures, and regulations set forth by Club Penguin Legacy, and any violation of these guidelines may result in disqualification from consideration for any position.